Originally from the province of Ontario in Canada, Aura Arindam studied for her Master’s degree at McGill University in Montreal. In 1991 she moved to Victoria, British Columbia. She now lives by the ocean in beautiful North Saanich, BC, a lifelong dream of hers.
Aura uses acrylics for her seascape, landscape, skyscape and botanical paintings and coloured pencils for her botanical drawings. She apprenticed with her late husband, an accomplished professional artist who studied under Salvador Dali and at prestigious international art schools around the world. His artworks were exhibited at the Guggenheim Museum in New York City. For several years, they also worked for a UNESCO-sponsored project whose aim was to bring human unity and peace between various nations of the world. She is now an accomplished artist in her own right.
Aura’s artworks have been featured on CHEK News television, on local radio and in publications including:
- Focus magazine
- Boulevard magazine
- Victoria News
- Camosun College’s Nexus newspaper
- B.C. Iris Society Newsletter
- Botanical Artists of Canada Newsletter
- James Bay Beacon newspaper.
Her artworks have been shown and sold at:
- Art Gallery of Greater Victoria
- Butchart Gardens
- Royal British Columbia Museum
- Oak Bay Marina Restaurant
- Sooke Harbour House
- Brentwood Bay Lodge
- Hotel Grand Pacific Courtyard Cafe
- Legacy Art Gallery
- Community Arts Council of Victoria Cedar Hill Main Gallery
- Fernwood Inn
- Emily Carr House
- Teahouse at Abkhazi Garden
- Langham Court Theatre
- Bubby’s Kitchen restaurant
- Patient Care Centre of the Royal Jubilee Hospital
- Victoria General Hospital
- Look Show
- Cenote Lounge & Restaurant
- The Papery
- Moss Street Paint-In
- Serious Coffee in James Bay and Fairfield
- Moka House in Cook Street Village.
- Serious Coffee in James Bay, Fairfield & Sidney
- Fickle Fig Farm & Market
She has also sold her artworks at the American Iris Society National Convention, the James Bay Art Walks and Fairfield Artists Studio Tours. Her artworks have been purchased by several private art collectors and her artwork has been used as a CD music cover. Aura has been a registered member of the Botanical Artists of Canada and the American Society of Botanical Artists. Her orchid drawings received 1st, 2nd and 3rd prize ribbons at the Victoria Orchid Society’s 28th Annual Show & Sale.
“My semi-abstract landscape, seascape and cloudscape artworks exhibit an atmospheric quality which is meant to provide respite from our hectic, fast-paced lives with the experience of peace and beauty within one’s spirit. It is influenced by the serenity and deep sense of nature on Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada.”